Having got back from my travels late yesterday, I wasn't particularly adept at scouting out the jokes this year. I just checked out Tokyotosho's acknowledgement that Chinese people dominate the (anime) fan community, and tried to find Blizzard's jokes. Call me stupid, but I didn't find a single one yesterday. Thank goodness for the people who like posting about these kinds of things.
Here are my personal favourites, in no particular order:
- From Blizzard - the Archivist, a new playable character from Diablo. Was torn between this and the Terran Terratron, but the videos made for this one are a lot funnier. Gore warning though.
- The Guardian leading the way to a less wordy future.
- Gmail's Autopilot - perfect for me, huh? The conjectured replies were hilarious the first time round though.
- Toshiba's petbook...we have given our pets clothes, so why not?
- A new Nobel prize in Business Creativity...
- And for how many people it actually fooled, ThinkGeek's Tauntaun Sleeping Bag. Classic backfire.